Bristol Hospice Eugene
Read about our partner charity and see the items we are crafting
Read the Project Must-Knows
Pick a pattern from our approved or suggested pattern collection
Shipping address, print a care slip & tally your donation
this is how it works
Bristol Hospice Eugene is graciously committed to ensuring that all patients and families entrusted to their care will be treated with the highest level of compassion, respect, and quality of care. They provide hospice services to meet the physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of their patients and their families/caregivers. An interdisciplinary group of professionals and volunteers develops an individualized plan of care which includes, as appropriate, the following services: nursing, physicians, home health aides, counseling, spiritual support, therapy, dietary, volunteers, durable medical equipment, supplies, and bereavement services.
They serve approximately 140 patients in their own homes, Approximately 1/3 of their patients are Veterans of the Military.
what are we crafting?
Quantity Still Needed
Mini Tissue Holders
1) Burrito Pillowcases - Using the standard burrito pillowcase pattern, we are crafting pillowcases for the adult patients in hospice. Use tasteful combinations of fabric that will bring comfort to those going through a difficult time. 🇺🇸 At this time they ONLY are requesting Pillowcases in fabrics for Veterans, they have received enough for their non-vet patients and would like every Veteran in their care to get a pillowcase by Veterans Day!
2) Lapghans - sewn, knit and crochet Any blanket type style okay in Lapghan size 36x48". These can be quilts, rag quilts, fleece, flannel, cotton blankets or knit, crochet. (not accepting no-sew). Many of our patterns are for various sizes, please adjust to fit the size requirement for this charity. The Lapghan size is perfect for folks resting in bed or using a wheelchair. Consider making our special wheelchair blanket. 🇺🇸
3) Pocket Prayer Quilts/ Heart Hugs- (non-religious)- We are using our Pocket Prayer Quilt pattern to make non-religious Heart Hugs we'd like to provide every patient one to hold in their lap or place at their bedside. We request that each one is made with a heart and is therefore non-religious to accommodate anyone who may receive it. We will provide a laminated card with a nice saying/poem to go with each quilt. 🇺🇸
4) Mini Tissue Holders - Sewn, knit, Crochet We will be providing mini tissue holders with tissues for every patient. If you'd like to include the tissues that would be great, but we can provide them when they arrive here if you are not able to. These can be sewn, knit or crochet. 🇺🇸
5) Twiddle Muffs -knit/crochet Twiddle muffs are wonderful at providing a comforting sensory experience. Patients will redirect their fidgeting to the muff, instead of picking on clothing buttons, healing wounds, or even their IV. 🇺🇸
6) Fiddle Mats - Sew up these items to help occupy the restless hands and offer comfort to patients. This is an extremely detailed project, please ensure you read our project guidelines thoroughly before beginning. All mats received will be inspected to ensure that they meet our safety and quality guidelines set forth. Items that have not followed our pattern or stayed within our guidelines will not be delivered to the facility. 🇺🇸
7) Dignity Covers - These are worn so patients can eat and keep their clothes clean yet not feel as if they are wearing a bib. We have 2 patterns for dignity covers: one from an upcycled shirt and one that makes a scarf, both are unisex patterns! 🇺🇸
🇺🇸 Items for Veterans- All of the above items can be made in fabrics/yarns/colors for Veterans, as this Hospice has 140 patients and 1/3 are Veterans. When you tally your item, you can indicate on the tally sheet that it is an item for a Veteran so we only collect the amount needed.
start here with our project overview
Colts Foot Blanket by Hobbii
Easy for beginners, the knit purl pattern works up with DK weight acrylic yarn. You could also try a yarn substitute like Sport. The knitting pattern calls for circular knitting needles to accommodate all your stitches.
Tumbling Blocks Blanket
This pattern for beginners with knits and purls is also a reversible blanket, too. It calls for aran weight yarn but you can use worsted weight yarn, just check your gauge.
heart hugs (pocket prayers)
mini tissue holders
Items for Bristol Hospice will be shipped to Crafting Change Headquarters in Eugene. The volunteer coordinator from Bristol Hospice will pick up donations from us here. Please ensure you put a Care Slip in with your donations with your contact information on it that we can pass along to Bristol Hospice when they pick up the donations.
Crafting Change HQ
Crafting Change HQ
PO BOX 41631
Eugene, OR 97404
Crafting Change HQ
255 River Avenue #41631
Eugene, OR 97404
If your box will cost you more than $20 to ship, consider this option: get a $20 UPS label from Give Back Box and ship up to 50 pounds and 108" in girth to Crafting Change by clicking on our link here. We have had some issues with them reissuing the same tracking number, please go to ups.com when you get your label and see if it is a brand new label or if it is one that has been used already.
If it is used, please email them at email@example.com and ask for a new label that has not been used and they will send you a new one right away!