Bristol Hospice Eugene
Bristol Hospice Eugene is graciously committed to ensuring that all patients and families entrusted to their care will be treated with the highest level of compassion, respect, and quality of care. They provide hospice services to meet the physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of their patients and their families/caregivers. An interdisciplinary group of professionals and volunteers develops an individualized plan of care which includes, as appropriate, the following services: nursing, physicians, home health aides, counseling, spiritual support, therapy, dietary, volunteers, durable medical equipment, supplies, and bereavement services.
They serve approximately 140 patients in their own homes, Approximately 20% of their patients are Veterans of the Military.
what are we crafting?
PROJECT COMPLETE! 11/15/23
1) Burrito Pillowcases - Using the standard burrito pillowcase pattern, we are crafting pillowcases for the adult patients in hospice. Use tasteful combinations of fabric that will bring comfort to those going through a difficult time. 🇺🇸 🇺🇸
2) Lapghans - sewn, knit and crochet Any blanket type style okay in Lapghan size 36x48". These can be quilts, rag quilts, fleece, flannel, cotton blankets or knit, crochet. (not accepting no-sew). Many of our patterns are for various sizes, please adjust to fit the size requirement for this charity. Though they are very flexible with the sizing. The Lapghan size is perfect for folks resting in bed or using a wheelchair. Consider making our special wheelchair blanket. 🇺🇸 🇺🇸
3) Pocket Prayer Quilts/ Heart Hugs- (non-religious)- We are using our Pocket Prayer Quilt pattern to make non-religious Heart Hugs. We request that each one is made with a heart and is therefore non-religious to accommodate anyone who may receive it. We will provide a laminated card with a nice saying/poem to go with each quilt. 🇺🇸 🇺🇸
4) Mini Tissue Holders - Sewn, knit, Crochet We will be providing mini tissue holders with tissues for every patient. If you'd like to include the tissues that would be great, but we can provide them when they arrive here if you are not able to. 🇺🇸 🇺🇸
5) Twiddle Muffs -knit/crochet Twiddle muffs are wonderful at providing a comforting sensory experience. Patients will redirect their fidgeting to the muff, instead of picking on clothing buttons, healing wounds, or even their IV. 🇺🇸 🇺🇸
6) Fiddle Mats - Sew up these items to help occupy the restless hands and offer comfort to patients. This is an extremely detailed project, please ensure you read our project guidelines thoroughly before beginning. All mats received will be inspected to ensure that they meet our safety and quality guidelines set forth. Items that have not followed our pattern or stayed within our guidelines will not be delivered to the facility. 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 .
7) Dignity Covers - These are worn so patients can eat and keep their clothes clean yet not feel as if they are wearing a bib. We have 2 patterns for dignity covers: one from an up-cycled shirt and one that makes a scarf, both are unisex patterns! 🇺🇸 🇺🇸
🇺🇸 Items for Veterans- All of the above items can be made in fabrics/yarns/colors for Veterans, as this Hospice has 140 patients and 20% are Veterans. When you tally your item, you can indicate on the tally sheet that it is an item for a Veteran so we only collect the amount needed.
heart hugs (pocket prayers)
mini tissue holders
Items for Bristol Hospice will be shipped to Crafting Change Headquarters in Eugene. The volunteer coordinator from Bristol Hospice will pick up donations from us here or we will deliver to them. Please ensure you put a Care Slip in with your donations as it will remain with your items until delivered.
Crafting Change HQ
PO BOX 41631
Eugene, OR 97404
Crafting Change HQ
255 River Avenue #41631
Eugene, OR 97404
If your box will cost you more than $20 to ship, CCHQ is partnered with Give Back Box to get you a $20 UPS label from Give Back Box and ship up to 50 pounds and 108" in girth to CCHQ here.
Due to a computer glitch, they send out the same label with the same tracking number to every person and you can't use it. After you receive your label, please immediately email Monika at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a "fresh" label with an unused tracking number. You will get a new label in 1-2 days. This is the label you should use.