Butterfly Haven is a 501c3 nonprofit in St. Louis, MO. Butterfly Haven serves children impacted by Foster Care and families who have experienced a Crisis situation such as a house fire or the recent flooding that impacted the area.
what are we crafting?
Quantity Still Needed
We are helping Butterfly Haven with several needs for their closet that helps families with children newly entering foster care as well as families in crisis. We are also helping them with bags for their food pantry. Patrons visiting their pantry often travel on public transportation and need sturdy, reusable bags to carry canned food items home.
1. Tote Bags: Butterfly Haven will be using tote bags in their food pantry so patrons can easily carry their items home on public transportation.
Any tote bag pattern is ok.
Bags should be made from sturdy fabric like upholstery, denim, canvas or the upcycled feed bags or our pattern for bags made from a tarp!
2. Burrito Pillowcases: These are for all ages children. All pillows are all the standard size pillow no matter the age you are making for.
Use fun fabrics appropriate for kids.
Kids love licensed prints and cartoon characters, book characters and movie characters like Mickey Mouse, Batman, Superman, Harry Potter, Disney.
Do not use fabric with words like mom, dad or family.
Avoid fabrics with drugs, alcohol or weapons.
Please use soft, non scratch material: woven quilter's cotton, woven cotton blends as well as flannel (ensure you prewash them all)
The pillowcase is from 3 coordinating materials and the finished size should be 20"-21" wide by 30-32" long.
3. Baby Items- Bibs, Burp Cloths & Receiving Blankets. These are to help families with babies either in foster care or families in crisis that have lost everything. There are 2 main types of bibs to sew: ones for droolers and ones for heavy duty spitter-uppers that have a waterproof layer. Burp cloths are designed to go over the shoulder and we have 2 great patterns. Receiving blankets are typically 40"x40" and 2 layers of snuggly flannel. Check out our patterns or use your favorite!
4. Hair Scrunchies- One of the most requested items in their resource room, they go through about 25 per month, they are requesting these in fun prints and colors for all ages of girls. Any pattern is acceptable, use your favorite if you have one. We have added a fun crochet pattern using velvet yarn!
5. Quillow - This fun blanket transforms into a pillow! Easy to make and handy for kids.
bibs and burps
Whenever you have items ready to ship, they are ready to accept them:
Butterfly Haven Inc
8505 Mid County Industrial Drive
St. Louis, Missouri 63114
If your box will cost you more than $20 to ship, Butterfly Haven is partnered with Give Back Box to get you a $20 UPS label from Give Back Box and ship up to 50 pounds and 108" in girth to Butterfly Haven here.
Due to a computer glitch, they send out the same label with the same tracking number to every person and you can't use it. After you receive your label, please immediately email Monika at email@example.com and ask for a "fresh" label with an unused tracking number. You will get a new label in 1-2 days. This is the label you should use.